Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Cozumel, March or April 2017
scuba_harry - 3/03/2017 9:57 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 3

I’m planning to visit Cozumel for about 1 week this spring (March, April) if anyone is interested in joining. I’m planning to do a few organized drive with local shops in the area, but I think it would be better to travel with a reliable dive buddy instead of random strangers.

I haven’t made reservations yet, so I’m flexible with dates for the moment. I also don’t mind splitting a room to save a little money, if you prefer. OK with separate accommodations as well. Not picky about gender or age.

About me: Relatively new diver looking to build some experience in nicer weather! Texas waters are a bit cold this time of year so I’d like to try Mexico. I am open water certified with my own gear, including 200ft camera.

Let me know if you’re interested. Tips/suggestions also welcome!

— Harry
Subscribed
crowdog6 - 3/05/2017 1:18 PM
Harry

I have this posting below if you’re interested my room has double beds and you can pick and choose your days. If you tell me your interested I will check on the rate I believe it will include your food and drink. I will be renting a car and wouldn’t charge extra for that. This will be my 12th trip to Cozumel my past dive spots Malaysia, Thailand, all over the Caribbean, Channel Islands and Maui. I use "Dive Paradise" they pickup/dropoff at the hotel dock and the best Boats/Dive Masters I know the owner and get a good rate.

If you like to party this hotel is 7 miles south of town and you will have to travel there, not a big deal but I’m just letting you know. Whatever you decide hopefully we can at least meet up and do some dive together it’s always best with a dive-buddy.

Terry Crow
Cell 602-448-0601
terrycrow@rocketmail.com

My posting:
I’m booked at the Sunscape Resort & Spa, looking for dive buddy open to sharing room or just meet and dive together. My days are set yours are flexible all or just a few days Male or Female doesn’t matter to me , AOW/Nitrox 100+ dives, married traveling alone.
Terry
Subscribed
scuba_harry - 3/06/2017 11:35 PM
Hey Terry,

I saw your post, but unfortunately I have a work obligation which overlaps most of your schedule. The earliest I could do in April is the 13th, which is pretty much the end of your trip. The timing just doesn’t work out. Let me know when you plan to go next time. Airfare to Mexico is pretty good in Austin (at least though Southwest), so I’d certainly be tempted to go again!

— Harry
Subscribed
crowdog6 - 3/07/2017 6:42 PM
Harry

After I sent you that last email I realized when you said "April 13th" that my dates were not correct on my posting. It probably doesn’t change anything for you but my trip is actually booked for March 31st -April 9th

Terry