Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Driving down to Yucatan for Winter Diving -Looking for Dive Buddies
zen - 10/26/2016 9:50 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I’m planning to spend much of the winter / spring in the Yucatan..diving and exploring ..just me and my pooch..if anyone wants to jump onboard. Drop me a line, just starting to plan and may drive down from Tampa , Florida..in that case a Spanish speaking diver is very welcome!
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/27/2016 8:53 AM
"a Spanish speaking diver is very welcome!" I’ve never been any place in Yucatan where they didn’t speak English except maybe for that little town on the way to Holbox where a woman was trying to get a woman in our group to take her baby back to the US as hers so be careful what you say si too!

Have you seen this page? bajabound.com/before/pettravel/enteringmexico.php
We were looking into driving the RV to Cabo some winter.
Subscribed
zen - 10/27/2016 10:04 AM
Yes , I am familiar with that site and the reason I’m suggesting a Spanish speaking travel companion is mostly for the ride down. I understand it can be beneficial when stopped. When are you heading down to Baja?
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/27/2016 12:28 PM
From zen: When are you heading down to Baja?

Maybe next winter, nothing definite yet and like you I’ll post it on here to see if anyone wants to hop aboard in SoCal for the ride to and from. They would be camping down there, although the RV seats six but it only has one bed and 1/2 that’s the dogs.