Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Help w Octopus Service
ginovega - 5/24/2016 1:36 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

I took my equipment for service and for the 3rd time I am being told they cannot service my octopuses. They can service my Scubapro regs but not the octopuses. I bought one at Diver Supply in Tampa (SE) and the other (diveX) in Amazon. Now I am at Fayetteville NC and we don’t have LDS nearby...any suggestions...
Subscribed
John_giu - 5/24/2016 5:11 PM
Store brands are usually knock offs of some standard reg with all the same internal parts.
The rub is figuring out what they are and having the right parts to service them.

If you do not mind shipping them fro repairs you might try taking some picture of what you have and emailing
them to a few shops.

I think Northeast Scuba Supply in Norristown PA. might be able and willing to help you out. northeastscubasupply.com/

They have on site repair and parts.
The only shop I know of that has one of almost everything.

It’s worth a try

Good luck
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/24/2016 9:42 PM
Divers supply could service theirs or ditto on NESS, I’ve used them before’

Like John says; The DiveX is probably a private label of something else, just need to figure out who’s. I had a combo inflator/octopus that I saw with three different names. Funny thing is, ScubaPro started that way too :)
Subscribed
dalehall - 5/25/2016 8:41 AM
Sea Elite is most definitely a knock-off in-store brand.. They can be serviced with "generic" parts and, IMO, really is good equipment.. D/S HQ in Macon does a mail in service if you want to deal with the shipping (both ways, on top of the service and parts fees.) However, my advice is, get it serviced, sell it and buy a brand octo that can be serviced in your area. I had all S/E stuff at one time and got tired of no one willing to service it other than D/S, and due to their customer service, or lack thereof, of local/walk-in customers, I purchased name brand equipment from another shop and now get my stuff serviced elsewhere. (I live only 10 miles from D/S Macon) Good luck with it all.
Subscribed
John_giu - 5/26/2016 10:38 PM
From dalehall: However, my advice is, get it serviced, sell it and buy a brand octo that can be serviced in your area. I

good idea
As a followup. NESS would probably buy your used gear (if it were name brand I know they would) and give you a deal on used or new equipment.

Authorized dealers for Mares HOG HOllis Aqualung (the dive stuff, not the dirty vagrant of Jedthro Tull fame).

apex and others,

These guys could even service a VW hippie bus.

Subscribed
ginovega - 5/27/2016 10:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!!!! I Will check NESS!!!