Aquarium diver training in TN
Sonnylynnvick75 - 2/17/2016 11:23 AM
Category: General
Replies: 5

So, being a resident in the Chattanooga surrounding area means that I’ve had access to the Tennessee Aquarium (2014 5th best aquarium). On January 19th I started my journey to become a volunteer diver at the Tennessee Aquarium. On the 19th I took my written test which I aced thanks to the helpful divebuddy scuba quizzes. I got the email on Februrary 5th to come in for an in water skills test and evaluation on the 20th. I went last night to the local dive shop pool to practice my skills and be ready for the test. I practiced mask clearing, gear removal, shallow water (4 foot) buoancy, regular buoyancy with buoyancy rings, etc. Now I feel as if I’m more than ready for the in water skills test. Anyone have anything to keep in mind or focus on? I appreciate it as this is something I’ve dreamed about for a long time.
dalehall - 2/17/2016 1:10 PM
The biggest thing is to relax.. Just enjoy the water time (don’t think of it as an actual test, but a dive skill evaluation) and stay relaxed. The more relaxed you are, the more fluid you will move and less mistakes will happen. Good luck with it..
Eric_R - 2/17/2016 3:19 PM
Do what you were taught.
Greg - 2/17/2016 10:20 PM
Slow down and t a k e...y o u r...t i m e! Breath slow, deep breaths. Focus on slow, methodical movements. I am sure you’ll do fine.
Subscribed
SteveTylerUSA - 3/28/2016 5:20 PM
Congradulations Sonny. That’s a real privilege.