Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Buddy Wanted Northeast Indiana - Thanksgiving Week (23-27Nov2015)
SpacemanCraig - 10/14/2015 12:21 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Going to be in Northeast Indiana for the Thanksgiving Break and wanted to see if anyone is available to go diving. I will have my own transportation, and will be willing to travel a few hours to get to the site (Most of Northern Indiana, Southeastern Michigan, and Northwest Ohio). I have never dove the Midwest so I am extremely flexible on the dive site’s location.

A little background on me:
- PADI Master Scuba Diver with over 100 dives (30+ this year alone)
- Been diving on/off since 2007
- Own my own gear including tanks
- Will be bringing a 7mm full and 5/3 hooded vest
- I have dove in salt and fresh waters with conditions ranging from less than 5’ to 100’ plus visibility and temperatures from 62-86 degrees

Send me a message if you are interested
Dustin
Subscribed
mattmiller - 10/15/2015 1:18 PM
Google gilboa quarry. I could meet you there on Friday if your willing to travel there.
Subscribed
SpacemanCraig - 10/17/2015 12:17 AM
That’s less than an hour and a half from where I am staying, so that is perfect. I should arrive in Indiana on the 22nd (plus or minus a day), so we will have that entire week to hash out any last minute details then. To your knowledge are there any unique gear requirements/procedures to that site?
Subscribed
mattmiller - 10/20/2015 8:55 AM
Not really. That time of year a drysuit is recommended. just keep in mind the water will be in 50 and the air temp may be close to that.
I would be available the day after thanksgiving
Subscribed
SpacemanCraig - 10/21/2015 5:35 AM
I do not own a drysuit, nor have I dove in water that cold yet, so I will take your word on that. If you feel that’s the case I’d hate to meet you there just to have to call the dive within a few minutes. I will be diving in Kentucky the weekend before in waters close to the same temp (low 50’s) with a few friends that dive there year round without drysuits. If it’s all the same to you, I can contact you again after those dives to see how things went and to see if it’s worth meeting at the quarry in Ohio. I’d just feel really bad to have you drive all the way there just for me to call the dive early.