Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

RI Diving
m_grieco - 9/04/2015 8:02 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 3

Not sure if any of my local NJ buddies are interested (or any local Rhode Islanders) in doing any shore diving before the water gets too cold. I was checking out a dive shop’s website (Giant Stride Dive Shop) and they have some nice looking shore dives that they are offering guided tours of (just tip the guide when done). Here’s the link to some of the upcoming scheduled dives (there are three pages of dives) let me know if anyone wants to trek up there with me and maybe we could split a room, I think that would be too much driving for me to do in one day. giantstridediveshop.com/events/
Subscribed
robp750 - 9/04/2015 11:33 PM
Tom From Giant Stride does an excellent job as dive guide. He know the area well and you wont be disappointed, except when the Viz sux.

Rob P
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/07/2015 5:18 AM
Mike, That has always been on my wish list and didn’t know anyone was offering guided tours, unfortunately I’ll be diving elsewhere on those dates. Maybe this will continue in Oct.?
Subscribed
m_grieco - 9/07/2015 6:44 AM
Ray, they do have an October 11th dive, but it is a boat dive (on the Heroine and Black Diamond wrecks). These are not "deep" dives (70 feet for both) for a cost of $140 per diver for the two dives. Unfortunately they don’t do the guided dives after September 26th (last one they have up on their site). There’s always next year, now that I found it if you’d like to go up there, we could make a weekend of it and maybe do a Saturday and Sunday guided shore dive with them, I’d be up for that.