Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Edisto River in South Carolina
Treasureseeker - 5/29/2015 6:54 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

I was wondering anybody in south carolina is interested in having a dive buddy in the Edisto River in South Carolina I have a boat and ready to go there’s no charge, but you’re welcome to donate some gas money if you like. It’s been flooding and it’s no telling what has washed out. Weekdays work better for me but I am available some weekend. If you have some other location you would like to explore let me know and I will see? I have been exploring the Edisto river below Interstate 95 near Summerville finding shark teeth and artifacts.
Subscribed
topherwarden - 6/02/2015 8:18 AM
I’m interested, obviously it depends with my work but I would love to get some dives in. I myself have dove the Savannah River but the current there is pretty strong and clarity is literally 1 foot. I tried to search for artifacts and teeth but had no luck. But I would love to try if you ever have room. What is the clearly in the River there? ~Chris
Subscribed
Treasureseeker - 6/02/2015 9:07 AM
we went 3 weeks ago the clarity was about 0 to 1 foot which most of the time is up to 2 to 5 feet depending on how much activities on the river and how much it’s rained before I have been finding teeth in that butter zone around 5 feet deep Just to deep for the snorkelers and where most drivers don’t go shoot me a text and I can send you a picture of what we found last time with almost no visibility for some reason I cannot upload my pictures to dive buddy right now 803-622-6146
Subscribed
4thDimension - 6/16/2015 3:06 PM
I am definitely interested. I live in Hartsville. Have done the Cooper river from my boat a few times with some luck. It would be great to try the Edisto. Sending my contact information by private message. (Looking for spearfishing buddies too!)

Chris
Subscribed
topherwarden - 6/17/2015 10:20 AM
Chris,

I will love to do some Spearfishing anytime! I have a small boat so I won’t be able to go offshore here in Savannah. But let me know if there is any place we can go where you are around.

Christopher