Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Say hello to Lake Phoenix (previously known as Lake Rawlings)
OleCrab - 3/26/2015 11:32 AM
Category: General
Replies: 5

lake-phoenix.com
Greg - 3/27/2015 4:17 AM
Thanks man, I just updated the dive site listing on DiveBuddy.
Subscribed
Airworks - 5/18/2015 4:51 AM
Great customer service can make all the difference at a dive site, and the new management at Lake Phoenix gets kudos for making the last couple dives there worth the time and effort!
Much of the negative press received while the site was operated by the Lake Rawlings administration can be squarely placed at the feet of one or two of the staff members.
The new Phoenix operation is a far cry from the former!
The quarry itself hasn’t changed, but the new staff has repainted and upgraded many of the amenities (e.g. restroom and shower walls and installations). The place looks a lot cleaner and well-maintained.
You guys got my vote!
Subscribed
Korps - 6/29/2015 9:14 AM
Just checked the Lake Rawlings site this morning to find it was closed. Luckily, I came on here and learned that the quarry is open, just under new management. I look forward to getting back down there, this time working on my DM!
Subscribed
73diver - 11/22/2015 11:48 AM
My daughter, her husband and my granddaughter are moving to Phoenix in 2016. I’ll probably visit often. Knowing that there is a dive destination nearby will justify bringing my dive gear as well.
Subscribed
OleCrab - 11/22/2015 2:55 PM
73diver, Lake Phoenix is in Virginia.