Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Paradise Springs, Ocala, Florida - Looking for buddy for 03Jan2014
DiveLife - 12/28/2014 10:27 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 6

This is pretty much a cavern dive, which I have dove/dived about half a dozen times. Great dive, and a really nice area, which is very pleasing for surface intervals. The cavern itself is pretty large sized. There is an "open pool" area at the top, which is also fun to dive in, but the open pool area is no where as large as the open pool area at, say, Blue Grotto. Just thought I’d give a little description for those that have not been there. Of course, you can also get more information online. If interested, contact me so we can coordinate & meet.
Subscribed
SantaFeSandy - 12/28/2014 2:25 PM
Ben, a few of us love to dive Paradise, however, my days off to dive are either Wed. or Thurs. only, as I work on all weekends. If you dive there frequently (or anywhere else), it would behoove you to invest in a Florida Dive Connection membership, which gives you 10% off your entry fee at Paradise, as well as other great discounts at restaurants, lodging, other dive sites etc. Tell Richard Black that Sandy sent you.

floridadiveconnection.com/
Subscribed
SantaFeSandy - 12/28/2014 2:28 PM
Meanwhile, if you’d like to join my group doing a New Year’s Eve dive at Blue Grotto, please let me know. They have lodging and camping at Blue Grotto if you want to drive up and not have to drive back to Orlando after Midnight. We will be meeting at the site at 10:00 p.m., gear ready, as the rental and refill station will be closed at that time, and do several dives.

Before midnight, we will be in the water to ring in the New Year together, with Virgil and her fish buddies, under the stars, in the depths of Blue Grotto.
Subscribed
Beef - 12/29/2014 2:14 PM
Hi Ben,
Have you found anyone to dive with on Saturday? I might be interested if you still need someone. I’ve dived Paradise once before and really enjoyed it. I’ve been diving since 1971 and have all advanced quals. Just been dry and need to get wet again! Cheers, Al
Subscribed
DiveLife - 12/29/2014 5:29 PM
Hi Alan. I am still looking for someone to dive with on Saturday at Paradise. I saw in your profile that you dive caves. Just to let you know, I am not a cave diver, if that matters to you. If you are still interested in meeting up and diving Paradise on Saturday, just confirm, and we can coordinate a meet-up for Saturday at the spring. I typically dive springs in the "Winter" months, and Ocean from about Feb/Mar onward. Regards.
Subscribed
Beef - 12/30/2014 9:11 AM
Hi Ben,
I would like to dive Paradise, and I may have another buddy who I dive with in the springs periodically if that’s OK. Let me know when you would like to go - late morning would be my choice. You can send e-mail directly to alan.labeouf@comcast.net. Cheers, Al