Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving in Bonaire July 2015
Ragncajn - 12/20/2014 3:04 AM
Category: General
Replies: 2

How is the water
Subscribed
tstormdiver - 12/29/2014 2:16 AM
I was there in July 2014 & the water was very nice! I dove using a 3mm wetsuit & a beanie hood (I always cover up,... I’ve been stung one too many times). Outside temps were rather hot, but along the water’s edge, there is very little shade. The nice thing about Bonaire (if you are shore diving) is you can dive at your own schedule,... whenever the whim hits you. Some of the entries can be a little tricky (uneven bottom), but take your time & feel your way & you’ll be fine. Some of the easiest entries (& not bad dive sites, either) were Bachelor’s beach- Have to climb down a set of stairs, but no big deal. The turtle nesting beach next to the air port is also very easy. My buddy & I saw an octopus out in the open sand while prepping for our dive. Most of the resorts’ diving piers also make the entry/ exits quite easy. One of the trickier spots I dove, was Oil Slick. It has a 6- 10 ft drop to the water, depending on wave & tides, & a couple of steps are missing on the exit ladder, making it a little tricky to get out (nice dive site, though).
Subscribed
Ragncajn - 12/30/2014 10:45 AM
Thanks for the reply.