Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Tribord Easybreath
JDivesaLot1028 - 11/06/2014 7:17 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

Just ordered and received the Tribord Easybreath snorkeling mask from Amazon USA. Figured i would share. Anyone try one of these out? Got a trip planned in January and can’t wait.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00O64T7UA/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=
Subscribed
Btrax - 11/07/2014 4:26 PM
I’ve been wondering about these myself. Almost bought one for my wife in an attempt to get her to get her face wet lol but i haven’t been able to find anyone who has used one. Let us know how it works out.
Greg - 11/08/2014 5:19 AM
Lots of comments about this mask/snorkel: divebuddy.com/photo.aspx?PicID=75049
Subscribed
JDivesaLot1028 - 11/08/2014 11:00 AM
Thanks for the link Greg!

So I tried this out yesterday at my gym’s pool, where people just stared at thought i had some type of disease :-)

The visibility is insane, and never once had a problem fogging, during the hour i stayed in the pool playing around.

The float valve concept design doesn’t let any water into the mask and is brilliant. However, i was curious what would happened in free diving, and went fully submerged to the bottom of the pool. It worked fine, but its just something i wasn’t used to, coming back up for air and not having to blow out the water, you can simply start breathing again. But i dont think this would work at great depths, the pressure you feel on your face is a lot greater than a regular mask; i was going to about 5 feet and it worked but i dont think with the pressure on your face you can go much deeper than that.

Anyways, so far i love this thing, i wont be using it for free diving but for general snorkeling with my girlfriend. The amazon seller also has a small-medium so i just ordered one for her as well.

Cheers
Subscribed
JDivesaLot1028 - 11/08/2014 11:00 AM
Cant wait to try this thing in the ocean/sea