Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

AquaLung doubles
trickyrick - 4/28/2008 10:50 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 10

I can’t seem to find any info on these anywhere ! I know they’re Luxfer AL 80 Man. 11/06. What are they worth? what type of BC? Any info greatly appreciated. You can see them in my profile/pics. they’ve never been in the water !
Subscribed
trickyrick - 4/30/2008 7:31 AM
No reply.
Subscribed
trickyrick - 4/30/2008 7:33 AM
that’s odd. aqualung got back to me and said they are military spec. and $400 was a good deal !
Jen-Michael - 4/30/2008 8:56 AM
I was going to say the military uses that type of J valve on all their doubles, I don’t know why though, we call them suicide manifolds up here. There’s a huge failure point in not only the in the yoke fitting, but also the fact that you can’t isolate, or breath each tank independently. In the event of an emergency these are a great way to lose a lot of air very quickly. I don’t know even know why the military still uses these, maybe someone can answer that. Anyways, since there in such great shape you might be able to sell them to a diving or military museum. But they’re really not worth much to recreational or technical divers.
Subscribed
trickyrick - 5/01/2008 6:38 AM
to answer the question as to "why", remember this, KEEP IT SIMPLE, the less moving parts, the less chance of failures.
Jen-Michael - 5/01/2008 10:39 PM
No contingency though for all the what ifs that can and do happen at 150+ ft. There’s a hundred reasons they’re out dated. Find a museum or collector and get rid of them.
Subscribed
trickyrick - 5/05/2008 7:34 AM
THIS IS A GREAT SITE AND I CAN’T THANK ALL OF YOU ENOUGH FOR YOUR INPUT. I’M GLAD I DIDN’T PAY ALOT FOR THEM. I PAID LESS THAN WHAT THE 2 SINGLE TANKS WOULD’VE COST. GUESS I’LL BREAK’EM DOWN TO SINGLES AND SWAP FOR A SINGLE 120 STEEL. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN WET, MAN. HYDRO 11/07. I’LL HAVE THEM FITTED DIN WITH ADAPTER AND VISED. AGAIN, THANX FOR ALL MY BUDDIES INPUT.
rescue15 - 7/03/2008 7:44 PM
Upgrade the manifold and get a dive rite back plate and you are set...

Steve