Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Beginner diver seeking dive buddy for Rhode Island/Massachusetts
coldatlanticsea - 5/09/2014 5:34 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 10

Hello, my name is Brendan and I’ve recently been certified. I have my own gear and I’m looking for someone to dive with regularly in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. It would be preferable if our skill sets were on par as I don’t want to be a pain in the ass for the more advanced divers.
Subscribed
hansenb88 - 5/11/2014 7:03 PM
I can’t help you out with regular dives as I now live in NY, but I’m looking for a buddy for 5/24 or 5/25 near Charlestown; and for 7/28 or 7/29 on the cape. Message me if you might be interested and want to discuss further. I’ve been certified three years now but I only get in a couple dives a year so skill level probably aligns well. I’m trying to get in several more dives than usual this year, so planning ahead whenever I’ll be near the water really.
Subscribed
coldatlanticsea - 5/12/2014 5:33 AM
I could be available for 7/28 on the cape. Any site in particular you have in mind?
Subscribed
inanutshelle - 7/11/2014 4:46 AM
Hello - are you still looking for dive buddies? I am also looking for locals to dive with in RI/MA - most of my buddies have moved away! I have an advanced cert, but I’d be happy to go with new divers!
Subscribed
coldatlanticsea - 7/11/2014 6:41 PM
I am, indeed! I just logged my first dive in Newport, RI yesterday. Viz was complete crap, but it was great to be out there anyway. Let me know if you’ve got any dives planned. It’s a bit out of the way, but I’d really like to dive Nubble Light/Cape Neddick in York, ME before the end of summer or early fall. Any interest in that?
Subscribed
inanutshelle - 7/16/2014 3:38 PM
I haven’t dove up there, but it could be a great trip. Where in Newport did you dive?
Subscribed
chesleyjean - 7/16/2014 4:55 PM
Hi guys,

My name is Chesley and about to do my open water checkout dives so I am as beginner as it gets and I don’t know any divers at all. I am in Texas for breaks but i go to school in Boston. I am coming back at the end of August and going to Monmouth, Maine and the Cape for a few days for fun. As I am a beginner i have minimal equipment and knowledge of the Dive sites in New England, but i’m ready to learn anything I can:)
Subscribed
coldatlanticsea - 7/16/2014 5:55 PM
I dove off of King’s Beach on Ocean Drive. I know of a couple spots that are supposed to be pretty interesting around Newport, but I’m really interested in getting up to Cape Ann. The viz is usually pretty good and marine life is plentiful. Where have you done most of your diving?
Subscribed
coldatlanticsea - 7/16/2014 5:58 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming certification! There is plenty of great diving just north of Boston and some good dive shops that can get you geared up for you dive. Let me know if you plan on heading out when you get back East.
Subscribed
coldatlanticsea - 7/21/2014 8:06 AM
Anyone looking to get out tomorrow? Cape Ann, MA or Rhode Island.
Subscribed
Cardis01 - 7/21/2014 8:07 AM
Hi! My name is Casey. I recently relocated to Rhode Island. I live in Narragansett. I am also looking for a local dive buddy. I am a PADI Divemaster. I’ve got a little over 100 dives. I don’t care about my buddy’s cert level. I just want somebody to dive with! I’m also happy to help new divers. I own all my own gear as well. Let’s dive!