Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bonaire April 13-20
ivallap - 3/15/2014 8:10 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 5

I am excited to have just booked a trip to Bonaire from April 13th to April 20th. I will be going with friends, but I am the only diver. I would like to check out some of the amazing shore dives, so I am hoping to find a diving buddy. I am PADI advanced open water and I have completed just under 70 dives during my travels. Looking forward to finding fellow divers!
Subscribed
ivallap - 3/15/2014 1:24 PM
Also, if you happen to be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission, that’s a huge plus! :-)
Subscribed
ScubadiverJC - 3/25/2014 5:01 PM
Wish I could go!! Been to Bonaire three times and looking foreward to going there again. Just be sure if you can find a buddy to visit the local dive shops. You can get unlimited tanks for the week for a good price and all dive sites are accessible from the shore. The entry is challenging, but it beats paying for a boat dive that takes you to the same dive site.. Be sure to wear thick soled booties, many sea urchins in the rocks at the entry points.. Any questions? Just ask.. Scubadiverjc@yahoo.com
Subscribed
ivallap - 3/31/2014 4:46 PM
Thanks for the advice! I am looking forward to the trip and I am a bit worried about the entries. In terms of difficulty of the swims out to the sites, do you need to be a strong swimmer? Also, do you think I will be able to find someone once I get there?

Thanks again!
Subscribed
ScubadiverJC - 3/31/2014 6:17 PM
Some of the entries are a little tricky, Just take a walk to check out the entry before you suit up. Thick soled booties would be advisable due to the rocky entries. You don’t have to be a good swimmer, Just take your time getting to the dive site. Use your snorkel on the surface to extend your dive time once you get to the site. Don’t miss the Hilma Hooker dive, It’s pretty cool. Just check with the local dive shops to see if any other divers are looking for a buddy. Most everyone that goes to Bonaire, Goes there to dive. Watch your depth there. Some of the sites go down pretty quick.

Wish I was going with ya, instead of working.. Have fun!!!!
Jeff
Deltarex - 4/08/2014 4:55 PM
Ivallap

I might be interested in joining you in Bonaire if you are still in need of a dive buddy. I spent a week down there last year and was hoping to visit a new location this time around but Bonaire is so beautiful it would be worth a second visit. Let me know if you are interested.

-Dave
PADI Adv Open Water cert, ~50 dives logged, last dive about a year ago in Bonaire