Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Recently cert in OW
DeepBlueDreaming - 8/26/2013 6:51 AM
Category: General
Replies: 3

So after many years of desiring to get my certification in diving, I finally did this past week.

I am in the Austin, TX area and would like to find people to dive with. So that I can build experience and gain my knowledge about diving. I do not want to be just PADI OW. I want to learn as much as possible about this sport/hobby/profession. It’s understandable that some may think I’m just over zealous about my certification (I am a little). But I love the water, and I can not answer why it has taken me so long to finally do this.

So any divers in Austin area that would like to drop below the surface let me know.

thanks.
Subscribed
UWnewbee - 8/26/2013 10:06 AM
you can search members in that area, an send them a message,add them to your friends list, theres a vast amout of info here on Divebuddy.com
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 8/28/2013 6:22 AM
Welcome aboard! If you ever get down toward the Houston area, we have a couple of decent training sites. Blue Lagoon in Hunstville is really worth seeing if you have never been there. Also - I have a couple of guys that like to dive Travis on occasion - will give you a shout when we next head up for the weekend.

Ben
Subscribed
GoDeeper - 8/28/2013 9:49 AM
Congrats on your certification! I’m glad you love it!!