Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

US Divers Arctic/Octopus
Rochelle - 6/29/2013 12:09 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

Just bought a used regulator from my local PADI store, and I’m
trying to find some manuals for the equipment.
First stage is US Divers (model 221314?), primary mouth piece says US
Divers Arctic, and alternate says US Divers Octopus, gauges from Oceanic. The equipment is old, but looks well
maintained. I’ve been trying to find
model numbers, but am clueless as to where they would be.

Does anyone know where I might find manuals, or do you have
personal experiences using this brand that you could share with me? (This is my first gear purchase – so I’m
praying I made the right choice).
LatitudeAdjustment - 6/30/2013 4:51 AM
Maybe one of these Aqua-Lung manuals will work http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/v/docs/scuba-repair-manuals/aqualung/

Just because they changed the name of the company doesn’t mean the regs themselves changed that much.
Subscribed
DiveBuddyChgo - 7/04/2013 4:52 AM
The dive shop where you bought a used set of gear. Will have the resources to get you a manual. Remember what you were taught in class on the care and maintenence of your gear. Have the gear inspected/annual maint. before you use it. That would make your dive shop more responsible if the gear doesn’t work correctly. You should not have paid over $80 for that old used set. Rubber/Plastic & Orings deteriortes over time. Esp. sitting in the sun at a dive site. It’ll cost you $125 for an annual rebuild. But not from that same diveshop. Your better off buying a new cheapest 1st/2nd stage model from a name brand manufacturer.
LatitudeAdjustment - 7/04/2013 7:45 AM
"You should not have paid over $80 for that old used set. "

That depends on how it was sold, for parts, as is, serviced or O2 clean.

I’ve seen last years pool class/rentals that I wouldn’t give you two cents for but I paid $300.00 for an Oceanic set up that was o2 cleaned for my deco bottle