Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bonaire
Daveyboy - 5/03/2013 7:21 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 2

I was looking for some advise. My buddy and I were considering diving Bonaire at the end of July. We won’t be going with someone who’s been before so we don’t really have any idea of what to expect. We’re going for the beach dives. I’ll be doing my own research online before we go but I figured if anyone out there had some good advise or any info you would consider valuable I’ll take it. Btw we will only be there for four days which I know is not much but four days are better than no days. Thank
tardmaster - 5/03/2013 8:22 AM
there are tons of people who will give advice. I’ve been there twice. My fav place to go so far. Feel free to send me a message or email. You’re going to love it !!!!
SDBR - 5/07/2013 9:19 AM
I go there once or twice a year. It’s fab!! The shore dives are great. You only need a dive boat to make a few of the dives, the other places are suit up on the side of the road, walk down to the water and go under. Surface markers identifying the site are no more than 100 yards off the beach. Depending on where you stay, you may have a truck to roam the island. Most places provide you with a map of the island, which has all the dive sites listed. You drive the coastal road, pick a dive site, then get wet. Dozens and dozens of sites to dive doing that. Day, night, it doesn’t matter. I stay at Belmar Bonaire, which is about 1 or 2 miles from the airport. That’s Fab too!! They are with Buddy Dive Resort there.