Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive in Manado - Bunaken
mimi - 4/11/2013 8:52 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

Helloooo

I am going to Manado to dive there from 25 - 28 April.

Anyone going there on the same date?

Let me know.... would love to have a dive buddy, since I will be traveling solo.

thanks,

Mimi
Subscribed
Greg - 4/12/2013 4:42 AM
Seems like a very exotic place. At first I thought you were just making up words, but Bunaken is real, it’s in Indonesia.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunaken
m_grieco - 4/15/2013 9:59 AM
I have been there, who are you diving with? I stood with Bunaken Cha Cha Nature Resort, awesome people run that place, really make you feel like family while staying there. Bunaken and Indonesia in general was my favorite trip ever, the people, the remoteness of the place, really neat stuff. You doing anything land based or just diving? My wife and I also went to Tangkoko Nature Reserve and went into the jungle on four separate occasions the check out the primates there; they have one of the worlds smallest primates (Spectral Tarsier) and they also have a larger primate which is endemic to that part of Sulawesi (the Black-crested Macaque). I highly recommend checking that out also if you have the time, when I went it was literally my ranger, our "guide" from the tour company, and my wife and I, really neat experience. The ranger was able to mimic the primates calls and call them to our locations as well as a number of the more popular bird life that bird watchers love to try to photograph; most spectacular was the Sulawesi Hornbill, really neat bird. Let me know if you’d like any additional information about Manado and Bunaken Island. Enjoy.