Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Morrison Springs Monday
alanmjacoby - 3/29/2013 3:36 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

I am bringing my wife and kids (18 & 16) to dive Morrison Springs this Monday. We each only have about 13 dives logged and would love to have someone with experience to join us! Please contact me if your available to dive with us!
btw2459 - 3/30/2013 7:56 PM
I would check with a LDS about dive conditions at Morrisons. We’ve had a lot of rain here and the river has risen and has colored the water (flushed a load of mud out of the local swamps). Vortex may be a better option or come down to PC and do a few charter trips.
caves4me - 3/31/2013 6:00 PM
I’d have to agree with Brian. Between the rains and flooding, Morrison is probably not a fun or healthy place to dive!

caves4me - 4/01/2013 1:18 PM
Yeah, I checked today at Morrison and the visibility is about two feet.
Subscribed
alanmjacoby - 4/03/2013 9:46 AM
Our dive weekend was a total bust! The seas were rough!
Total visibility under water was 3-8 feet. We dove the Red Sea Wreck which was pretty
cool, but you had to be right on top of everything in order to see it. We were going to hit Morrison springs on the
way home to get in at least one good dive, but FL has gotten so much rain over
the past month or so, it flooded the springs and there is zero visibility! All in all our dive weekend didn’t turn out
so great! We did get to hang out on the
beach and eat some good sea food though :o)