Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Moving to the "Dark Side" of Rebreather diving
tstormdiver - 2/10/2013 7:18 AM
Category: Training
Replies: 3

I have just started learning to dive a rebreather- a Hollis PRISM2. So far so good. It is completely different from any diving I’ve ever done. Buoyancy control is different, mask clearing is different,... It is just,.... different. It’s actually hard to explain. I will likely be training over the next few months in the pool, until the local waters warm up a bit for some decent OW diving. I am looking at eventually using the unit for some cave diving, but that is a loooong way off. Right now, I am content just to be crawling. Taking my time to become comfortable & confident with the unit, I am in no hurry.
Eric_R - 2/10/2013 7:58 AM
Sounds like you doing the right things. Good luck with that rebreather.
Subscribed
seafox - 5/01/2013 9:41 PM
Congratulations, you will never look back. You actually become one with the ocean envirement. No noise, no bubbles!

You fit right in! Creatures actually come close to check you out! You’ll love it and be the envy of your friends.

The 2 most important skills you must acquire is a strong awarenes of how your body feels, and never to become complecent.

The rest is smarts and endless repitition of the skills.

However, I hope you are doing this right now with an instructor!

Have fun and be safe

FOXY
Subscribed
seafox - 5/01/2013 9:47 PM
PS: IN UNTRAINED HANDS A CCR CAN AND MOST LIKELY WILL KILL YOU, EVEN IN A 4’ POOL!

FOXY