Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Buddy in Southwest Florida
WannaGoDiving - 2/04/2013 7:44 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 9

Hello, I’m looking for somebody to dive with on the weekends. I live in Rotonda, FL and am looking to do some regular diving between Sarasota and Fort Myers, but will ocassionally stretch those limits for some good dives. If you’re interested in going diving, let me know.
Greg - 2/05/2013 6:53 PM
There are several divers on DiveBuddy in your area. You might want to search for profiles that match the person you’re interested in buddying up with and contact them directly. Here is a direct link to Rotonda, FL on our Scuba Earth page:

http://www.divebuddy.com/scuba_earth.aspx?Location=Rotonda%20West%2C%20FL%2C%20USA
lerpy - 2/06/2013 9:22 AM
Hey there, I saw your reply on my forum post, I would be up for some diving, not very familiar with your area but will be travelling around a bit. Want to dive the springs up in central, but also looking for other options based on where I can meet up with people as I am going solo to Florida.
Subscribed
WannaGoDiving - 2/06/2013 5:53 PM
I haven’t done much diving in Florida yet. I’ve done a couple dives in Key Largo, but that’s it. The dive sites that I hear most about around here are the USS Mohawk off of Fort Myers, the shark/magalodon teeth dives off of Venice. Apparently there’s a lot of stuff sunk off of the gulf coast, based on some of the charter dive’s I see offered. But I’m not too sure where those things are at. I see some on scuba earth, but not all of it.

Which springs were you looking at? I see there’s quite a few out there based on this http://www.floridasprings.org/visit/map/
lerpy - 2/07/2013 7:28 AM
Based on what I have seen I will head to the High Springs area of Florida which appears to only be a couple of hours from St Augustine where I will be staying. Trying to set up to do a cavern course early after I arrive in Florida. Also looking into trying to dive the Oriskany while I am there.
Subscribed
WannaGoDiving - 2/17/2013 10:27 PM
High Springs is about 3 1/2 hour drive, so I could potentially do that one. Was it Ginnie Springs that you were looking at in that area, or was there another one? The Oriskany is about an 8 hour drive each way for me, so that one would be a little less likely. Looks like a cool dive though!
Diver38 - 3/13/2013 4:59 PM
If you have your owen boat you can get GPS numbers to good dive spots in tampa clear water check out divespots.com the have good numbers to great sites
scubabobfortmyers - 3/13/2013 7:46 PM
There are a number of good, easy beach dives off venice and sarasota that I’d like to check out. I live in Cape Coral. I was thinking of going to the venice area this Saturday but need a buddy. Thanks !
scubabobfortmyers - 3/13/2013 7:47 PM
Go on utube and check out... spanish rocks and regina sugar barge diving. I’ve never been to these places but looks like it might be worth checking out on this Sunday’s weather.... 1 ft seas and wind out of the east at 10 knots.
Subscribed
WannaGoDiving - 3/14/2013 6:03 PM
Sounds good scubabobfortmyers, I should be able to get out this weekend. I’ll PM you my contact info.