Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Mexico’s best kept secret DIVE DESTINATION
JimmyScherrer - 12/03/2012 5:21 PM
Category: Ads & Offers
Replies: 12

Mexico’s best kept secret DIVE DESTINATION just a 6-hour drive from Tucson, Arizona. IT IS NOT A SECRET ANYMORE!!! World Class Diving year-round, SAFE, FUN!!! SAN CARLOS, SONORA Check out the pictures in my FACEBOOK Photo albums to see what I’m talking about. Then contact maestrojimmy@gmail.com to arrange a dive vacation. www.garysdiveshop.com
Subscribed
Greg - 12/03/2012 5:30 PM
Can DiveBuddy members receive a discount to this awesome dive destination?
LatitudeAdjustment - 12/04/2012 7:38 AM
Interesting, the pictures on your FB page of sealions would be in salt water, the divesite discription of San Carlos here is such a secret that its listed as fresh water, no photos or site discription and not on the map to keep the uninformed away :)
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 2:41 PM
Thank you Greg for your excellent question. I spoke with Gary this morning 4-Dec.-2012 to confirm availability, and my authorization to offer these discounts. I would first like to direct the members of DiveBuddy.com to this page of our website: http://www.garysdiveshop.com/places.htm the following comments are excerpts from the mentioned link. Note: This special low rate is only available to our customers who have made boat reservations in advance through Gary’s Dive Shop and have a confirmation number from us at Gary’s Dive Shop, by calling 1-866-356-1236 or email gary@garysiveshop.com
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 2:43 PM
We recommend the MarinaTerra Hotel www.marinaterra.com located at the San Carlos Marina. In addition to the Hotel’s main location, MarinaTerra Hotel has it’s own private, secluded cove and beach club perfect for for scuba, snorkeling and swimming. MarinaTerra has high speed internet, Wi-Fi, a business center, meeting rooms, two pools and two excellent restaurants, with eight more close by. MarinaTerra has rooms and suites normally starting at $125 per night, double occupancy, plus tax. Because Gary’s Dive Shop has our second location at MarinaTerra, we are able to offer our guests a special Gary’s Dive Shop customer price of $79 plus tax a night, double occupancy, plus tax. This special low rate is only available to our customers who have made boat reservations in advance through Gary’s Dive Shop and have a confirmation number from us at Gary’s Dive Shop, by calling 1-866-356-1236 or email gary@garysiveshop.com
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 2:45 PM
The new, gorgeous Condominiums Posada www.posadacondominiums.com on the La Posada Beach are some of the nicest in town, with studios starting at $167 double occupancy, plus tax. We have Gary’s Dive Shop customer special prices. Call them toll free at 1-866-507-5551. These special low rates are only available to our customers who have made boat reservations in advance and have a confirmation number from us at Gary’s Dive Shop.
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 2:46 PM
The newly renovated Hotel Fiesta Real www.hotel-fiestareal.com on San Francisco Beach has ocean view rooms normally starting at $115 double occupancy, plus tax. We have a Gary’s Dive Shop customer special price of $79, double occupancy, plus tax. Call them toll free at 1-866-673-8364. This special low rate is only available to our customers who have made boat reservations in advance and have a confirmation number from us at Gary’s Dive Shop.
Subscribed
Greg - 12/04/2012 2:47 PM
So are these special prices available to anyone who makes reservations in advance OR do DiveBuddy members receive something extra? What should our members do to receive a special discount?
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 3:06 PM
Gary has also arranged various coupons redeemable at San Carlos area restaurants for members of DiveBuddy.com that log dive trips with Gary’s Dive Shop. Please, feel free to contact Gary’s Dive Shop, by calling 1-866-356-1236 or email gary@garysiveshop.com or myself via DiveBuddy.com or even good old fashion email maestrojimmy@gmail.com to get all the details.
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 3:10 PM
This special low rate is only available to our customers who have made boat reservations in advance and have a confirmation number from us at Gary’s Dive Shop. Please, feel free to contact Gary’s Dive Shop, by calling 1-866-356-1236 or email gary@garysiveshop.com or myself via DiveBuddy.com or even good old fashion email maestrojimmy@gmail.com to get all the details.
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 5:47 PM
Thank you Latitude Adjustment for pointing out that dive detail. I just entered San Carlos as a "Dive Site" in the DiveBubby.com search and found the inland site at San Carlos, which is in the state of Coahuila according to my daughter. This result is very similar to what you have described in your comment. However, when I entered San Carlos in the "City" box and Sonora in the "State" box, I find results for six dive sites in seven entries. All have names of dive sites that I recognize as places where I have been diving many times. For example: DiveBuddy.com members, AirOn, ScubaKristen, and Scooby450 all claim to have visited "Deer Island" (a.k.a. Isla Venado). To my dismay though, the Island DOES NOT appear on the map below, but the place pin is quite accurate in its placement on the best site at this San Carlos area island. I fully recognize the comment description for the southeast corner of Isla Venado. Soon I will upload pictures from my portfolio and details about the canyon on the southwest side of the island. Also located in the results for the "City" of San Carlos in the "State" of Sonora were: Eagle Rock, Martini Cove, San Antonio Point, 2 entries at San Pedro Island/Seal Island (Note: there are NO seals there except for the USN type "Support the Troops", just fun loving friendly sea lions) (a.k.a. Isla San Pedro No;asco) and an entry Titled "Sea Mound" (a.k.a. Sea Mount) visited by members; pinkladydi, and AZDIVEPRO. In closing, from an environmental point of view, the fact that so few people visit here is probably part of the reason why many of the area dive sites are so "take your breath away" BEAUTIFUL (maybe not a good expression for a dive blog). Please come visit, but please don’t make a mess, and if you do, clean it up before you leave. Take only pictures and leave only bubble, and if you feel the need to harvest seafood, PLEASE, NO MORE THAN what you plan to eat for dinner tonight!!!!!!!
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/04/2012 5:55 PM
Type O: Isla San Pedro Nolasco not "No;asco"
Subscribed
JimmyScherrer - 12/07/2012 2:34 PM
Calling all my dive buddies and wannabe dive buddies,,,, Gary Goldstein has a few divers in San Carlos for the next few days. They WANT to go out on the boat to do some SCUBA DIVING. WHO WANTS TO JOIN US????????