Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Jamaica Scuba Recommendation
kgalbreath - 9/03/2012 3:06 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I am possibly heading to Jamaica soon for work and am planning to take an extra day or so to explore the waters of Jamaica. Does anyone have recommendations on where to go that is not too far off the beaten path to take full advantage of my time there? I will probably be around the Kingston area. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Kevin
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/03/2012 3:57 PM
Kevin I hate to tell you this but Jamaica is not known for it’s diving, too many years of over fishing and runoff. It will be better than the ponds in Texas but not as good as Mexico however you will be there so enjoy, I’m sure it will be better than my local diving.
Subscribed
kgalbreath - 9/03/2012 5:54 PM
Hahaha I appreciate the honest feedback. I will probably check it off the list since I will be there. Maybe I can find a local with some secret gem :)

I have a couple customers there, doubt they do any diving, but maybe a friend of a friend has something special.
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/04/2012 4:36 AM
From kgalbreath: Hahaha I appreciate the honest feedback. I will probably check it off the list since I will be there. Maybe I can find a local with some secret gem :) I have a couple customers there, doubt they do any diving, but maybe a friend of a friend has something special....
Be sure to add those secret gems to "Dive Sites" :) There are some sites listed already so you won’t be flying blind going in, maybe you can update a few of those.