Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Florida - Decisions, decisions Recommendations please
Jen_Jen - 6/06/2012 7:41 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 10

I have a credit on United Airlines that expires in 5 days! yikes! I can travel anytime, but I need to book quickly. I’ve never done any diving in Florida, but heard it can be great and I can get there within the cost of that credit! haha! I’m looking at last week of September through first week of October: where should I go, what should I see? Is this a good time to travel there, or should I push to later in the year (can’t go earlier - I have other trips planned). Any recommended live aboard trips out of that area during that time? Day trips? I just need to book the flight, but I want to make sure I’m flying to the right place; I can take care of the details later. :-D

Thanks for any advice!!
Jen
fasjr - 6/06/2012 8:42 PM
Ocean divers phone number is 877-371-1113
dalehall - 6/07/2012 4:05 AM
I’ll second Key Largo and Ocean Divers.. Great diving, awesome shop!!
Subscribed
Jen_Jen - 6/07/2012 7:40 AM
I saw on Jupiter Dive Center’s website that they are leading a trip out of Key West on the M/V Spree to Dry Tortugas that first week of October if they are shuttling together from Jupiter to Key West, that would work for me. Would that be a better option that time of the year that diving right out of Florida? I guess what I’m asking is during early October where can I get the most bang for my bucks and best dives in the area if I will only be there 4-5 days.
Subscribed
Jen_Jen - 6/07/2012 10:03 AM
Well, I booked a flight. I’ll work out all of the details along the way, but I’m flying into West Palm Beach on Sept 27 through Oct 2. Probably just stay and dive out of Jupiter and along the coast there.

The Spree trip would have been awesome, I know, but I have a damn law conference to attend Oct 3 to 6. Tried to get out of it, but the Paycheck Gods said "no". :-/

Thanks for all the advice!!! I really appreciate it! Anybody want to join me for a dive? :-D

Jen
sphinx903 - 6/13/2012 7:38 AM
You might want to consider Amy Slate’s Amoray Divers in Key Largo. Good group to dive with! Talk to Alyssa while you are there.

Amy Slate’s Amoray Dive Resort

104250 Overseas Hwy

Key Largo, FL 33037

(305)451-3595 800-4-AMORAY

www.amoray.com amoraydive@amoray.com
SoFLdivergirl - 7/01/2012 7:41 AM
Hi Jen,

You may consider driving a little south to Boynton Beach and dive with Starfish Dive
The Goliath Groupers are there on the wrecks by the hundreds...well worth it.
The wreck is called the Castor. Don’t miss it. I you decide to go let me know I would be happy to join you!