Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bonaire trip Fall 2011 Picassa album
mbchiro - 1/26/2012 7:10 AM
Category: General
Replies: 4

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=117589297012422189930&targ-+++-et=ALBUM&id=5652537830174098785&authkey=Gv1sRgCNuipvGJw9reJg&feat=email

These are some pics my wife and I took while in Bonaire. This was my first time taking UW pics. I used a Canon S95 with Ikelite housing. I shot in RAW mode and edited them with Canon’s software that came with the camera. Some are better than others. I shot in ambient light. I used an Automagic red filter. I would be happy to get some feedback on the pics. I hope you enjoy these. We stayed at Coral Paradise Resort next door to Captn. Don’s and did our diving with Buddy Dive (free Nitrox). I did 17 dives over 6 days. My wife did 16. Two of those were night dives. We did most of our diving from shore. We did 5 boat dives with B.D. We are looking forward to possibly going back June 30-July 7th. It was an awesome trip. We hooked up with a couple I befriended on another dive forum and we met in Bonaire. Ken and Jill were from California and my wife and I are from SC. So, it made for an intersting mix of people. But, we had a great time. The diving is so easy there. You just park, gear up, walk 10ft to the water and wade in. So easy. For the most part the reefs run parallel to the shore and are not far from the shore. We would encourage anyone to make this trip! We cannot wait to return.
MaryW - 1/29/2012 6:08 PM
not sure how to see the photos, but happy that you loved Coral Paradise! We’ll be staying there in April!
Subscribed
mbchiro - 2/20/2012 2:59 PM
Sry, thought the link would work. Oh well I’ll try again
Subscribed
mbchiro - 2/20/2012 3:06 PM
Kenny is great at Coral paradise. You guys will love it there. Are you doing your diving with Buddy Dive or Don’s?. We dove with BD and loved the drive thru tank pickup. Our fav restaraunts were Unbelievable, Bistro de Paris, and the breakfast buffett at Don’s. (its cheaper and less crowded then BD) We managed 17 dives while there for a week. If you need any info email me mbchiro@windstream.net. It was an unforgettable trip. Bonaire is dive freedom.
Subscribed