Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Cape Cod Diving Project
blacksambellamy - 6/28/2011 8:43 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

I am looking for someone interested in helping me with a project. A few years ago I purchased a side scan sonar to look for new wrecks. For the past few years, when time allows, I have been scanning CapeCod Bay. The scanning process is long, boring and difficult as a one man operation. That being said I was still able to come up with 2, maybe 3 wrecks in about 50 to 70 feet of water. Years have gone by and I still haven’t dove them. The suspense is killing me and I’m looking for someone to dive with who is seriously interested in A project like this.

The dives on these wrecks could be very exciting with great finds or extremely boring, i cant promise anything except the boat ride and the thrill of the unknown. I haven’t dove them because all the divers i know either like the warm water diving or want a promise of a great find without working for it. (and i wont dive solo).

You can see some if what i do below

Www.underwater-explorations.com

Www.campwellfleet.com

Subscribed
Lonefrogman - 6/29/2011 12:55 PM
You got my interest up. If my work gets any slower, its time for a road trip. I was thinking about going north on my next dive trip anyway. 
Subscribed
ScubaSteve63 - 6/29/2011 4:36 PM
Send me some more details directly.
-Steve
Subscribed
Muse - 7/02/2011 3:37 PM
That sounds intriguing. I am from the Cape originally, though never dived there. I may be coming up around July 25th for a week. Have you set a date yet, ’cause if not I’d love to dive then. It seems there are 4 of us interested - that’s a decent dive group (and I’ll just be coming from diving wrecks in the Keys).
Subscribed
ScubaJJS - 5/04/2013 3:05 PM
I live on the Cape and try to dive every weekend. If you are still doing this I’d be interested.