Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Local Diving?
bluesky4u_6 - 5/20/2011 10:52 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 7

I’m moving up to Lowell, Massachusetts soon, which is about 15 minutes from Boston and I’m looking for anyone who dives up there and wants to help me get in my 40 dives I need to take the Instructors course. I’m very new to the area and am interested in being involved with a local dive shop to get my foot in the door but for an internship position as well. I absolutely love diving but need a refreshers course since I’ve been stuck on land for too long =) Anyone interested please feel free to respond, I’m looking to learn new skills and have tons of fun with new buddies =)
Subscribed
caves4me - 5/20/2011 3:00 PM
From bluesky4u_6: I’m moving up to Lowell, Massachusetts soon, which is about 15 minutes from Boston and I’m looking for anyone who dives up there and wants to help me get in my 40 dives I need to take the Instructors course. I’m very new to the area and am interested in being involved with a local dive shop to get my foot in the door but for an internship position as well. I absolutely love diving but need a refreshers course since I’ve been stuck on land for too long =) Anyone interested please feel free to respond, I’m looking to learn new skills and have tons of fun with new buddies =)

I highly recommended Cape Ann Diver: http://www.capeanndivers.com/ lots of nice places to dive in that area.
Subscribed
bluesky4u_6 - 5/20/2011 5:01 PM
Hmmmmm...there site seems to not be loading at the moment. Maybe its just under construction, I’ll keep checking and thanks for the info =)
Subscribed
caves4me - 5/20/2011 5:10 PM
Yeah, Gloucester and Cape Ann is the place to be for clear water, hope you have a dry suit! 
Subscribed
bluesky4u_6 - 5/20/2011 5:18 PM
I don’t as of right now, but I’ve learned to wear a full 5-7 mm and a thick shorty over as well. Still being cautious about that though, not sure how the water will be once i get there.
Subscribed
caves4me - 5/20/2011 7:08 PM
Should be in the fifties by now! 5/7 mm is a bit on the lean side for New England. 
Subscribed
bluesky4u_6 - 5/20/2011 7:54 PM
I figured lol. I had bit of a bad experience my first time trying out dry suits at a DUI Dawg Days event, it wasn’t sized right so it leaked while underwater and it was pretty painful as well. I had no idea how to work the thing. It kinda turned me off of it, but I’m looking forward to actually giving it another try the proper way so I can invest in one in the future =)
Subscribed
caves4me - 5/21/2011 7:07 AM
Dry Suits can be tricky at first but with a little time and experience it’s well worth the warmth and the investment! I’m a bit thermally challenged so I prefer a dry suit over a wet suit on long dives. 

If you dive Gloucester watch out for posted residents only signs, parking can be a pain for non residents.