Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Good Dives near Kissimmee, FL
RcSg - 5/01/2011 10:39 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

I’m am taking a trip to Fl for the first time, I am going with my girl friends family and there will be a day I have to my self. I am looking to go on a dive. Can anybody recommend any boats that are not to far from kissimmee? Thanks.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/02/2011 3:27 PM
Ammmm, Kissimmee is in the middle of the state, no dive boats are close. You’ll need to drive at least an hour to either coast so do you like your water green or blue?
Subscribed
RcSg - 5/02/2011 8:02 PM
I like my water blue, I am ok with doing a drive I just want to make sure im going to the right place.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/02/2011 8:58 PM

From SpikedGoat:

I like my water blue, I am ok with doing a drive I just want to make sure im going to the right place.

Well the closest blue water would be east over around Kennedy Space Center but I’ve never heard anything about the diving there. I like Jupiter and West Palm Beach but that’s a three hour drive.
Subscribed
RcSg - 5/03/2011 12:41 AM
Can you recommend any shops/boats? I am game for anything. I just dont want to spend most if the day driving.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/03/2011 6:42 AM

From SpikedGoat: Can you recommend any shops/boats? I am game for anything. I just dont want to spend most if the day driving.

In WPB I use http://www.scuba-adventures.com/index.php in WPB most on the boat are photographers.

In Jupiter I use http://www.jupiterdivecenter.com/ and there is a good change DB’s own JupiterMermaid will be your guide. If you need a place to stay she can help there. In Jupiter most on the boat are hunting.

Both are drift diving, just keep the guide/DM in sight and 99% of the time the boat will be there when you surface :)