Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Cozumel April 2011
Seawolf5 - 4/13/2011 11:28 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Hola a todos!

Just got back from COZ yesterday, 8 days. Stayed at the Villablanca Hotel and dove w/ Scuba Mau. Logged 141 ft at the Devil’s Throat, had fish tacos at La Hatch and chicken tacos at both Taqueria Diaz and El Pique, mucho good! Needless to say, am already planning the next COZ mission!
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 4/14/2011 9:20 AM
Very cool Seawolf. We are headed down on Tuesday for a week. How was the water temp? Will a long 3mm do it for the week or is a core with a hood necessary at this point? Thanks for the input!
Subscribed
Seawolf5 - 4/14/2011 12:13 PM
Greetings, WWT!!!

I was there for 8 days, water temp ranging 78 to 83 degrees. I dove w/ a 3mm shorty the first 3-4 days and then I said "ah, @#$%@#$!" and dove w/ my "rebel outfit" as my wife calls it (shorts / t-shirt), it was that warm. Lots of others were in their long 3mms, I always take a hood in case, you know, the 5 P’s (Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance) In any case, hope this helps and safe diving!!! You like fish tacos? go to La Hatch, chicken tacos? El Pique or Taqueria Diaz.

SW5
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 4/14/2011 2:09 PM

Thank you for the report. I will certainly check out the fish tacos - that is usually what I eat the entire time with a little cold cervesa to wash it down!

Gracias!
Subscribed
Seawolf5 - 4/14/2011 2:59 PM
Anytime amigo, enjoy your trip!!!

SW5