Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Vortex Trip Update!
nauidiver - 3/13/2011 4:57 PM
Category: Event
Replies: 12

I will be sending out update emails for the vortex trip so soon as I get all of the email address of everyone wanting to go.... Even if your not 100% sure yet I need your email... You can post your email address in a reply or email them to me with the subject "vortex springs" Send it to: dale.deaton@yahoo.com
SaintsReturn - 3/14/2011 7:18 AM
When you planning on making the run down here? 
Subscribed
nauidiver - 3/14/2011 6:25 PM
The trip to vortex is on the weekend of April 29th
SaintsReturn - 3/15/2011 7:16 AM

At this point i am about 90% positive i can meet up with you guys there for one of the days if not both.
Subscribed
nauidiver - 3/29/2011 11:14 PM
Yeah it is and we may take a few hours one day to dive it too... We dive all weekend plus one night dive every night we are there..
Subscribed
nauidiver - 3/29/2011 11:28 PM
Vortex Update 3/29/11 I wanted to send out an update letting everyone know that our instructor that was planning to go on the trip that could help out if anyone was to need his services is know longer abel to go. There is a on site instructor at Vortex if you are in need of a instructor & I am a dive master so if there’s anything I can do to help I will be more then glad to do so. As it stands I plan to head to Vortex around 7am on 4/29/11 to get there, unpack, get suited up & ready to get wet. It is not mandatory but recommend to be a DAN member with insurance with DAN (Divers Alert Network) you can sign up online at there website. I will be sending more updates as the time gets closer. As for me I can’t wait & look forward to seeing you all again as we do it all over again!!! :o) - Dale
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 3/30/2011 4:52 PM
Hi, I’m gonna be at Vortex that same weekend. Going down with The Scuba Shack dive group. We’re gonna do Morrison Springs on Friday and Vortex on Saturday & Sunday. I’ll make it a point to wear my divebuddy t-shirt on Saturday :)) Happy diving..
Subscribed
NGAGUY - 3/30/2011 8:02 PM

I believe I can make that trip...email me the info at alan.manuel28@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Subscribed
tstripling92 - 4/27/2011 1:47 PM

Hey there,

I am super stoked about this weekend! We’ve been getting all our stuff ready. My new wetsuite won’t be in till around 10:30 Friday morning. What time were you guys thinking about leaving?
SaintsReturn - 4/27/2011 2:02 PM

Dale,

Looks like i wont be able to make it this weekend. I will let you know if things change but happy diving to you all!
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 4/28/2011 11:42 PM

Hello,

Arrived at Ponce De Leon later this evening. We’re doing Destin later this morning and Vortex Saturday & Sunday. I’ll be with a group called the Scuba Shack... will keep an eye out for you. I’ll try to remember to wear my divebuddy t-shirt. Safe diving

Ocean :)
Subscribed
nauidiver - 7/04/2011 10:36 AM
really enjoyed our trip to Vortex this year and can not wait tell the next one comes around! 

As soon as I get some more dates I will be sure to post them asap! This summer has turned out to be a really good summer for diving.

Happy & Safe Diving to everyone!