Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Clearwater Area
massdiver - 3/02/2011 6:53 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Anyone know of any good dive charter boats in the Clearwater area? I am going to Orlando the last week of March and looking to do a couple of dives.
Subscribed
flyfish - 3/03/2011 4:35 AM
I would say that clearwater is not the best location to dive. If you are in Orlando there are a few dive shops that are connected with boats on the East coast. Try Castaway Scuba. The owner, Marta can steer you in the right direction. Also check on-line. I go to West Palm area but not as far North as Orlando. Good Luck.
SaintsReturn - 3/03/2011 7:06 AM
Tackle Shack in St. Pete is the dive shop i used when i lived there and they know the whole area for dives. I havent talked to them in while so i am not sure how they are these days but they were awesome a couple of years ago. Its only a short drive from CLW though
Subscribed
Reddiver - 3/03/2011 6:10 PM

I can recommend 3 charter groups in the area. The best is actually in Cortez, near Bradenton. Blue Water Explorers. Check their web site. The other is in Clearwater and is called Tanks-a-lot.

Safe diving.
Subscribed
Lonefrogman - 3/09/2011 10:18 AM