Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Pool Dives in NW Ohio/SE MI?
NWOhioDiver - 2/22/2011 3:08 PM
Category: Event
Replies: 6

Heading to FL Keys next month and haven’t been in the water since October. Snow covered again in Ohio here and have some new gear to check out before the trip.

Anyone know of any pool dives or groups putting any together within the next month here in NW Ohio, SE Michigan or NE Indiana. I’ll drive to dive even for a pool!

Could help put a dive together if there are other divers looking to get wet.

Unsure of facilities in the immediate area. I’m 20 min from Gilboa and Portage.

Ryan.
Subscribed
badintexas - 2/25/2011 1:41 PM
I’m sure you’ve thought about this but have you checked with any dive shops? With Greg as an independent PADI instructor, he offers a refresher class. Have fun in Florida!!!
Subscribed
NWOhioDiver - 2/26/2011 12:02 AM
Yes, thanks....We’re stopping by our great LDS next weekend to use the pool and shakedown the new gear. Hoping to find an organized event, pool party, or otherwise, but we’re glad to have facilities like this locally, as always.
Subscribed
Acco1998 - 3/06/2011 5:26 PM
Aqua Hut in Toledo has a pool. I would recommend Aqua Hut out of those. If you decide to do Aqua Hut, tell Jeff I sent you. Aqua Hut is my store of chioce in the Toledo area, I’d be happy to do some dives with you.

Dave
Subscribed
NWOhioDiver - 3/07/2011 10:01 AM
Hi Dave,

Yeah, I’ve "FaceBooked" with Ian about using the AH pool to break in this new gear. Haven’t used the pool there but shopped regularly. I think a bud and I are planning to go this Saturday afternoon. Join us or if he falls through, let’s go!
Subscribed
Acco1998 - 3/08/2011 4:31 PM
Sounds like fun, I have to work Saturday morning. If you still need help let me know.

Subscribed
DaveT - 3/25/2011 5:04 AM
White Star has free diving this Sunday if you are Rescue or higher. I am heading there.