Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving St Croix
Dovelg - 2/14/2011 4:34 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 9

Hello divebuddy family! Heading down to St Croix in April!!! Can anyone suggest an operation there? Also how about sites I shouldn’t miss. I heard the diving there can be very good. Will be down there April 7-12 if anyone wants to come down and get wet!!!!!!
Subscribed
Nesher - 2/15/2011 7:24 PM
Give Cane Bay Dive Center a good look. I’ve met the owner a couple of years ago and I’m sure you’ll be happy.

N

Subscribed
Nesher - 2/15/2011 7:26 PM
http://www.canebayscuba.com

Here this should help you....

Subscribed
Dovelg - 2/16/2011 8:05 AM
Thanks I will give them a call!!
Subscribed
badintexas - 2/18/2011 3:27 PM
Hey Dovel,
I’ve never been (sad face) but is a link that someone put on divebuddy with locations to dive in St Croix. I’ve also sent messages to a few members asking them if they have any ideas for you.
http://www.divebuddy.com/forum_topic.aspx?ForumID=15109&Category=91
Sounds like an amazing vacation! And you have a super cute DiveBuddy in your photos.
Subscribed
Dovelg - 2/19/2011 4:50 AM
That would be great! I’ll make sure I give a trip report when I get back... Yeah that’s my favorite divebuddy! He was able to do bubblemakers last summer, and he’s ready for more!
Subscribed
coralreefpainter - 2/22/2011 11:43 AM
The two best dive ops on Island are Dive Experience and N2 the Blu Oh, and S.C.U.B.A. is good also. You’ll need to rent a car to enjoy the island, it’s a big place if you’re on foot. April should be a good month to be here, not too crowded.
Subscribed
Dovelg - 2/22/2011 8:25 PM
Been in contact with Dive experience, think I will give them a try. I think they are very close to where we are staying. can you reccomend some good sites?
Subscribed
coralreefpainter - 2/23/2011 11:39 AM

Don’t miss the Pier, well worth a day dive as well as a night dive. Other than that, you’ll be taken to great dives with any shop you dive with.

And give the pig a beer, friends say it’s the funniest thing they did on St. Croix. Don’t worry, the SPCA made us give the pig non-alcoholic beer, tho’ the pig didn’t get any say so in the matter. The Domino Club on the Rainforest road is where this happens. A tip that I don’t usually tell people: Jump back when you pop the can into the pig’s mouth. The pig bites down on the can, can aim, and will soak you if you don’t get out of range quickly!
Subscribed
Dovelg - 2/23/2011 11:52 AM
I’ve heard a lot about the pier, we will definetly dive it !! Can you reccomend a good shore dive?