Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Destin/Vortex Springs./
NGAGUY - 12/01/2010 8:50 AM
Category: Event
Replies: 4

I am planning a trip to Destin/Vortex Springs the week of Christmas. Basically December 19th through the 23rd..Does anyone know anywhere to dive in Destin?
Subscribed
SeaGoat - 12/02/2010 7:58 PM
I can make some recommendations but do you have a boat to use or are you looking for a charter?
Subscribed
NGAGUY - 12/03/2010 8:32 AM
Looking for a charter....
dspd204 - 12/04/2010 6:31 PM
I dive Destin quite often. For gulf dives, we use Panama City Dive Center. Their boats’ staffs are excellent. As for freshwater, unless you like commercialization & way too many divers in the water, skip Vortex & go to Morrison Spring. It’s a state park, beautifully maintained, & crystal clear water w/ a cave, as well. Enjoy!
SaintsReturn - 12/07/2010 11:22 AM
For diving out of Destin i like Scuba Tech. Great customer service and entertaining staff. I dive Vortex and Morrison as much as possible and prefer Morrison springs since there are a lot less people and the water doesnt get as murky. If you need anything Vortex has a full service shop and is not far from Morrison at all. Vortex is a fun place to dive, especially in the early AM before it gets nuts there. Let me know if you need a buddy during that time frame and maybe i can head out.