Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Carrers
Happy - 11/15/2010 9:27 AM
Category: General
Replies: 5

Is there anyone out there that has a job that requires diving or working with animals? I love to do both and am seeking someone already in the field to help me figure out what i need to do as far as schooling and what experience i will need. I’m thinking mostly about reef conservation or wreck conservation or studying fish/coral populations. Thanks for the help!!
Subscribed
slippin2darknezz - 11/15/2010 11:17 AM
When I have free time I volunteer at the aquarium in my area, Thats where I come in contact with the marina biology folks, get to dive the tanks with them and learn a great deal about marine life on display and special care procedures for them. Thats probably a good start that will put you in touch and gives you the opportunity to help a worth while organization.
Subscribed
NGAGUY - 11/15/2010 5:27 PM
I’m in the same boat...I’ve recently quit my job(Tired of the rat race..blah!..LOL) and being I’m originally from Florida, water has always been in my blood. I think as of right now I’m going to persue more training and hope it will pay off....
Subscribed
Ted_H - 11/15/2010 8:27 PM
I work at an aquarium, and for an aquarium service company. At the aquarium I handle animals all the time both marine and land. In college I double major in Marine science and biology. they are the best jobs i have ever worked
Subscribed
SCUBASMITTY - 11/17/2010 8:37 PM
From NGAGUY: I’m in the same boat...I’ve recently quit my job(Tired of the rat race..blah!..LOL) and being I’m originally from Florida, water has always been in my blood. I think as of right now I’m going to persue more training and hope it will pay off....

DUDE- THINK POSITIVE !!!
Subscribed
NGAGUY - 11/18/2010 6:58 AM
You got it man....Keep me informed and I’ll do the same.