Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving in Panama
webbinator - 10/25/2010 12:57 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

I am interested in flying from DFW to Panama to do some scuba-diving. What have you heard about this place? What are the best diving agencies and where would you suggest that I dive. I am looking in the month of November 2010.

Ken
Subscribed
Bob01 - 10/25/2010 4:03 PM
Have you looked at Bocas?
Subscribed
elisacamplin - 10/26/2010 1:47 AM
San Blas is very famous all over the world for its wonderful islands of coralline origin and its crystalline waters where scuba diving and snorkelling are some of the main activities. The best months for diving are April, May, November and December.
Subscribed
webbinator - 10/26/2010 12:25 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am looking into this- I have never been to Panama. I hear that it is a great place to visit. If you are interested in diving there with me and/or traveling with me please let me know. I have things to take care of prior to returning to Afghanistan and plan on leaving immediately afterwards. Including my cell and email:

I am looking at early NOV and staying for a few weeks- you don’t have to go the whole time.

Ken webbinator [ at ] yahoo.com Cell: 817-691-7231
Subscribed
diegovedilla - 11/04/2010 3:46 PM
Hello Webbinator,

Panama is one of the few places in the world, where you can experience both oceans in a single day. First will be deep diving whit schools of jacks, sting rays, moray eels and lobsters at the Pacific and then move to the Atlantic for clear water filled whit coral reef, sandy bottom and small colorful fish.

For more info take a look at: www.scubapanama.com or Diving Panama
Phone: +(507) 2613841
scubapanama [ at ] scubapanama.com

If you wish to stay in Portobelo you can visit the Sunset Cabins an excellent resort in Portobelo which consists of six cabins and five rooms.
For more info take a look at: www.panamaportobelocabins.com or Cabins in Panama

Good luck
Subscribed
diegovedilla - 11/04/2010 3:53 PM
Here is the correct link for the Sunset Cabins:
Cabins in Panama