Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Leaving for Cozumel tomorrow!
skipZero - 9/17/2010 6:43 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 8

I’ll be in Cozumel from Sunday to Sunday. I’ll be diving with Dive Paradise, but have heard theres some good shore diving too. Since I’ll be on my own, if there’s anyone interested in buddying up for a dive or two, let me know! The 23rd is suppose to be a full moon and I hear you can still see amazingly with just the moon and no light!

Also, I welcome any ’must do’s’ or meeting up with others out of the water. It’s my first time there, so anything is helpful!
Subscribed
sk290 - 9/17/2010 11:04 PM
Hey skip! I am so jealous you’re going to Coz. That is one of my very favorite dive spots. I’ve also stayed at Hotel Cozumel and dove with Dive Paradise. Those guys rock! If you get there early enough you get a free tank so you can dive of the back of the hotel and check your equipment and weights. Just be careful because it can be a little tough to get in and out but you should be okay. It’s not too deep, down to 30’. We also did a night dive off it and saw some pretty cool stuff as well. You will have a blast. Can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back!
P.S. - You get free internet at the Rock and Java down the road from the hotel (waking distance) and the food is awesome. Just make sure you don’t drink the water.
Sandra
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/18/2010 3:08 AM
Thanks for the info. They say there’s internet at the hotel. But good to know an alternate source. I’m looking forward to the trip. I’ll certainly have lots to post about afterwards!
Subscribed
mypebs - 9/19/2010 10:32 AM

We just got back

Did two dives, saw eels, turtles, nurse sharks, and HUGH reef towers

We did most of our diving in Rio Del Maya (near Cancun)

Have a great trip

Subscribed
skipZero - 9/19/2010 5:19 PM
Just checked in to the hotel and dive shop. skipped the free tank as I’m BEAT. Looking forward to the first dive in the morning! Now off for a nap till dinner time and then an early night before starting the dives!
Greg - 9/20/2010 8:38 AM
Hope your dive this morning is great! Wish I was there.
Subscribed
Mare_Liberum - 9/20/2010 9:39 AM
My girlfriend got really, really sick eating off the salad bar in the hotel. Several others got sick drinking the local water. So don’t drink the water or drinks with ice, stick with beer and wine. Safe diving...
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/20/2010 1:04 PM
Thanks, I was warned not to eat anything that was washed in the water. It’s tough not drinking the regular water as I do it all the time at home. I’ll do my best. Thanks for the heads up, tho! Nice to know someone is looking out for me. :)

Greg, I missed the boat this AM. literally... heading out on the afternoon dive in an hour. I’ll let y’all know how it went. I’ll start a new thread tonight that will be my continuing dive thread through the trip. Hope I have good things to report on!
Subscribed
rashley - 9/26/2010 2:48 PM
Please post a trip report when you get home!