Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Tampa Area beach diving
Bucky269 - 8/11/2010 12:46 PM
Category: General
Replies: 6

Looking for some Tampa & Sarasota FL. area beach diving.. anyone have any ideas??
Subscribed
Horizontaldiversllc - 8/11/2010 1:32 PM
well its not fancy or deep but indian rocks beach 12 ave just past the bouy is several concrete pipes placed in different directions .
Subscribed
scubamel - 8/11/2010 1:52 PM
Venice beach is a nice place to get shark teeth just past the pier...
Subscribed
Krista - 8/12/2010 11:24 AM
Google up the "regina" its a pretty decent shore dive off of anna maria beach. Its a sunken sugar barge. My boyfriend and I have done it a few times. We saw a Goliath Grouper once.
Subscribed
swenson_victoria - 8/14/2010 10:14 AM
Yes my friends have talked about that wreck... off Anna Maria Island. Unfortunately when I was living there I did not have my scuba certification. I plan on going this December. Anna Maria Island is a great little beach town. Some good places to eat are Ocean Star, Omas Italian, and of course the popular Ed Chiles Corporation which include Beach House, Sandbar, and Mar Vista. I used to work at the Beach House they’ve got an awesome view of the gulf and live entertainment every night.