Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

More diving for those near Circleville
RonSubmerged - 8/04/2010 8:43 AM
Category: General
Replies: 6

I was introduced to a new dive site in Ohio. I live in Columbus and usually go to Circleville, being an hour away. This new site is in Lancaster and is maybe 10 more minutes away. The lake is a good 2 or 3 times larger than Circleville, deeper, and has many wrecks to explore. There are two or three cars, a plane, a Frito Lay truck to swim through, and random other objects. There is also decent aquatic life including Carp, Crappie, Catfish, Small mouth bass, etc.
My instructor introduced me to this place and I think it will become a new favorite local site. Pics to follow!
Greg - 8/04/2010 9:15 AM

Make sure to add it to our dive site section. And link to the new dive site listing in this forum.

Thanks!
Subscribed
RonSubmerged - 8/04/2010 11:23 AM
I created the new site listing, as well as added a point on the map. I hope many unknowing divers local in Ohio will enjoy this dive site!
Subscribed
Xring0 - 8/04/2010 11:42 AM
Is there an address?

Is there any admission fee for diving the lake?

Is there any rental gear availability?

(Twin Quarries is a great place to gain buoyancy proficiency, but it gets boring after a while)
bsumner - 8/04/2010 12:13 PM
What is the name & address of the quarry near Circleville?
Subscribed
RonSubmerged - 8/04/2010 12:16 PM
Hey everyone.. The site link is searchable through the Dive Sites tab, and for convenience here is there web page

http://www.rvatlakeview.com/diving.htm

All of the basics should be answered through this link :)
Greg - 8/04/2010 12:25 PM

Awesome man! Thanks for adding it.

Here is the dive site listing on DiveBuddy:

http://www.divebuddy.com/divesite.aspx?DiveSiteID=3118

Next time you dive there...let them know we listed their dive site on DiveBuddy.