Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Grand Cayman
BookdiverSC - 6/11/2010 3:47 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 8

I am going on a cruise and was curious if anyone has any tips for places to dive in Grand Cayman? I am not interested in doing any of the excursions offered by Carnival. Thanks guys!!!
BgDmbRngr - 6/11/2010 7:21 PM
I know it sounds tacky but feeding the rays is pretty fun and eagle ray pass was a nice spot. 
Subscribed
BookdiverSC - 6/11/2010 7:49 PM
Not tacky at all!!! That was actually something I really wanted to do. I figured I should have a backup just in case.
SCUBASMITTY - 6/11/2010 9:34 PM
feed the rays, and the johns, and the David’s and the bill’s 

SERIOUSLY: that is the best part, biggin rays rock !
Triggerfish - 6/12/2010 9:22 AM
We love Ocean Frontiers at the east end top notch scuba outfit, been there twice
LatitudeAdjustment - 6/12/2010 7:08 PM
I think Stingray City is better on the snorkel trip than a dive, more interaction. For dive ops I’ve had good luck with both Sunset House and Aquatech, where they take you will depend on the weather and if the wind is blowing Aquatech has more options.
sandiver - 6/14/2010 6:36 PM

you can walk from the pier to eden dive the marine park is right ther bring your own gear make sure you have wheels, it about a 15 minute walk ,but you can rent tanks&weights, and the shore diving is great. if you have the time you can get [ at ] least 2-3 dives in , done it 3times got some great diving in .and saved money for the other pors to dive. have a great time
RODDY - 6/15/2010 11:32 PM
JUST GOT BACK (6/14/2010) FROM CAYMAN . GREAT DIVING AGAIN WITH INDIGO DIVERS. WE HAVE USED INDIGO DIVERS FOR LAST 5 YEARS .(THE OLD FISH EYE DIVE SHOP SENT THEIR CUSTOMERS TO CHRIS AND KATE AT INDIGO , AFTER THEY LOST ALL THEIR BOATS IN HURRICANE) KATE MAY PICK YOU UP AND DROP BACK OFF, CHECK THEM OUT AT INDIGO DIVERS GRAND CAYMAN ON GOOGLE. ALSO THIS SMALL GROUPS NOT 10-15 DIVERS AT A TIME (6 MAX.)
flaski - 6/16/2010 12:02 AM
hey, we booked through carnival and they used Don Fosters dive center and it was great and would use them again. Great gear they had all new scubapro regs and bcds. We usually bring our oun stuff. We have done 3 Carnival cruises to western caribean and have used there opperaters in all but cozumel because we have a private dive opp there.