Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Scuba in the park - Brockville, ON
mdc531 - 8/28/2007 12:19 PM
Category: General
Replies: 1

Anyone in and around Northeast going to this event on Sept. 8th? It`s for a good cause Save Ontario Shipwrecks and looks like fun! http://www.scubainthepark.ca/
CanuckDiver - 9/25/2007 12:09 AM
MIke: Hopefully you were able to attend the Scuba In The Park at Brockville, Ontario. For Ten Bucks (CDN/US) you would have been able to dive the Willie Parsons. It is a combined relativity intact shipwreck / drift dive. I recall having bottom times of 20 minutes, but I can not remember how much was spent on the wreck herself at 70 feet and how much was on the drift. You see, the last time I was on the Parons was back in 2003, I wanted to dive her during the event but I had previously phoned an appointment for the rebreather trial dive that was being offered for only $20 bucks from a week previously. I found out later that there were only six spots offered, so I was overjoyed to find out that I was picked. The rebreather dive itself was worth the 10 hour round trip, But the icing on the cake was I got 12 pounds of lead for $8.00! Jordan