Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

The Cove dvd
lulu222 - 3/07/2010 6:25 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

This may have been brought up before. I did a search and nothing came up. “The Cove” documentary has been nominated for Best Documentary tonight at the Academy Awards.

If everyone will go to the website:

takepart.com/thecove

and sign the letter if you haven’t already. They are looking for 250,000 signatures to present to politicians who may help stop the mass slaughter of dolphins in Japan. They are not yet half way there yet.

Thanks

NWKatShark - 3/13/2010 9:19 PM

I’ve seen "The Cove", and I really pissed me off. Unbelievable that Companies will keep this kind of cruelty in business.

Also, sad to say, Japan is also one of the leaders in Whale "Research", as seen on Whale Wars. Politicians won’t do anything except give you lip service. Japan is pumping so much money into people’s and Goverment’s pockets that I fear it will only get worse. Consumers need to stand up and boycott products provided by offending Countries and Governments. 

Subscribed
lulu222 - 3/14/2010 4:21 PM
Yes. The movie did mention how Japan is working very hard to lift the endangered species restrictions on whale hunting by paying off poorer Countries to get their votes.

I didn’t mention what an important movie this is to watch. I was given a copy of the movie after a friend was a sent a second copy when they made a donation to the Help Save the Dolphins campaign.

A portion of the movie is extremely difficult and emotional to see but the risks and the innovations the makers took to get to that point are fascinating and definitely worth the Oscar they received.

Please take the time and sign the petition everyone.
impilcature - 7/19/2010 8:17 AM
This movie is a MUST see for everyone. Download it, watch it, copy it, share it.