Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Help!!! Last minute vacation approval.
Dolphins - 2/16/2010 6:51 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

I live in New York, and would like to go to either Belize, Turks & Caicos, or someplace similar. Any ideas, and hotel suggestions. Preferable ones with the extras like running water, a/c, and screens on the windows.
RickCavanaugh - 2/17/2010 6:04 PM
The outer atolls have much better diving than Ambergris.

Grand Turk has much better diving than Provo. Salt Cay (small island by Grand Turk has good diving as well but it is much smaller)
m_grieco - 2/17/2010 9:23 PM
I just did some diving in Grand Cayman at Sunset House and the trip was inexpensive and the diving was good. I live in NJ and got round-trip airfare from Newark on Continental for about $350.00. Check out their website as they usually have specials going on there (I got a free night for every 3rd night booked...I stood for eight nights, payed for six). Someplace else to consider.
aircarl - 2/19/2010 10:41 AM
How about Bonaire - there are some non-stop flights out of JFK,
RickCavanaugh - 2/19/2010 10:52 PM
My favorite dive sites in the caribbean are in Dominica.

Dive with Nature Island Dive. Great for advance divers, small groups. Great night dives with lots of inverts. Great color. Lots of large sponges with crinoids as back drop.

Check out my reviews at http://www.scubatripreview.com/index.php/caribbean/dominica.html

Dominica is truly one of the best spots in the caribbean.
tjbrowndiver - 2/21/2010 9:52 AM
If you want to get some really good diving in se if one of the live aboards has space onthem for your time frame. Dollar for dollar the trip is usually less than shore diving and hotel/food. I’ve got nine days on a live aboard in march with a possible 30 dives for 2300. That’s 76 a dive including food and hotel. A lot of the sites are where the shore based people can’t get to and the sites are spectaclar and uncrowded.