Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Where to go for Christmas?
Karen - 10/06/2009 2:10 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 7

I would like to go diving over Christmas. :) I have been to lots of places and am considering my first liveaboard. Is the Belize Aggressor a good choice? Will they accept a single? Thank you for responding! 
ArchimedesPrinciple - 10/07/2009 10:48 AM

The Aggressor fleet is a well run outfit. My wife and I were on the Cayman Aggressor and you are basically spoiled rotten while you are there. You can go single although you will pay for the additional space if you choose a room to yourself.
carpenterobueno - 10/08/2009 4:18 PM

I subscribe to www.scubadiving.com forums and there is a lot of bad press written about the Agressor fleet in particular. Here’s a thread about the funky releases they make you sign.

http://divertodiver.scubadiving.com/m.aspx?m=135058

Basically I’ve concluded the following -

-The food has a tendency to be bad

-The staff tend to be unprofessional, or surly to say the least

-They are less than hospitable if the trip has any snags due to incliment weather or diving conditions whatsoever. If I was going to spend that kind of money I would DEFINITELY do a ton of research to get as many opinions as possible.
Elisiagirl - 10/08/2009 11:18 PM

Would you like a Christmas dive buddy? I would like to plan a trip around Christmas as well. I have off from the 18th to the 4th of January. Very Flexible..

Leslie
sk290 - 10/09/2009 2:28 PM
I’ve always liked the Nekton for week long liveaboard trips. The cabins are quite comfortable, the food is good (for a liveaboard) and plentifull and the staff always friendly, helpful and very accommodating. If you don’t have a dive buddy they’ll pair you up with some of the others or you can request for one of the crew to dive with you. Although you’ll make lots of friends on the boat so having someone to dive with is never a problem.

They have a trip scheduled to Mona Island (PR) and lots of specials going on. I highly recommend them.

Sandra
Subscribed
Karen - 10/11/2009 5:18 PM

Dear Elisia,

Yes, I would like a dive buddy. I have went on several trips myself and always meet people quickly, but it would be nice to share a room and expenses.

I have Christmas week off and can supplement with other days.

I would like to go somewhere...nicer this time...?...but am flexible. If there was a spa near by, that would be great. But I usually stay at "dive" type places...somewhere where you can wear your scuba suit to breakfast. :)

I have dove in many places, caribbean and in the Red Sea, off the coast of Jordan and the Sinai.

Over 400 dives.

Please email me at RMHFUN [ at ] gmail.com if you are still interested.

Karen

Subscribed
Karen - 10/13/2009 6:15 PM
I saw the listing for Mona Island. Is that a good place to dive?
Subscribed
Karen - 10/19/2009 3:27 PM

Dear Sandra,

If I decide to stay a couple of extra days in Mayaguez, do you have a recommendation of where to stay? Are there fun things to do in Mayaguez?

Thank you!

Karen