Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Tanks for sale in NJ
tjbrowndiver - 8/01/2009 1:49 AM
Category: For Sale
Replies: 6

Tanks and pony tamer for sale: Two 100CF alumininum O2 cleaned filled with 30% . One 30CF pony set up for air. One super pony tamer bracket making this a very sweet NE wreck diving set up.

All tanks have recent hydro & cleaning done in May 2009; receipts and stamp from reputable shop.

Located in Toms River NJ

Package deal $600. cash and carry.
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/01/2009 7:56 PM

Tom, if you put those two sentances together it doesn’t make sense!

"reputable shop Located in Toms River NJ" I wish there was a shop in TR, at one time there were two. Here we are in the most densly populated state in the country and other than a fill station in Point it’s an hour drive to any shop. In the past few years I’ve seen so many fold from LBI to Neptune. You would think that would have left enough bussiness for at least one of them to stay open!

Lately I’ve been using a shop near my mother in Pa. for equipment service.

Good luck finding a new home for the tanks, I already have too many! Did you list them on Mo’s board?
Subscribed
tjbrowndiver - 8/01/2009 10:54 PM

Hey Ray,

Thanks for pointing out the error in my ad. The tanks are actually in my mother’s garage in Toms River. They are full so anyone that picks them up won’t have to look for a shop to fill them up before taking them for a spin.

I know what you mean about dive shops folding. The shop in Long Branch where I got my OW cert folded and gave me a lot of worries because I didn’t get my permanent card before it happened. All went well and I got the card before I went on a cruise and did my advanced training on the trip.

I would just keep the tanks but hate seeing the expensive hydro I had done when I came home go to waste on tanks just sitting in my storage container. It may work out though because my company didn’t get the contract for Afghanistan and I may be coming home after 4 years.

Getting wet in Thailand in two weeks!!!!! take care Tom
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/02/2009 6:43 AM
From tjbrowndiver:

Hey Ray,

Thanks for pointing out the error in my ad.

Getting wet in Thailand in two weeks!!!!! take care Tom

No error on your part Tom, there is a period there and I knew what you meant.

I was just pointing out that the end of one sentance and the beginning of the next put together isn’t true anymore as there are no shops in TR anymore.
Subscribed
tjbrowndiver - 8/02/2009 11:18 AM
I got you on that one. I didn’t have any fun with diving when I came home. The only supposed reputable shop couldn’t manage to get a hydro done in 26 days even though they told me it would take ten. Dive boat cancelled on a two month in advance reservation. I couldn’t wait to get out of the USA. It was a little confusing the way I wrote it. I was suprised that TR didn’t have a shop when you told me though. You would think that the number of divers and people would support one. Take care..Tom
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/03/2009 11:16 AM
Tom, I think whoever was doing the hydro’s for the LDS’s was having a problem. I dropped off 5 72’s in Brick for hydro, one took three weeks, another four months, one supposedly failed but I never got the valve back either and then the shop failed. I got the two remaining done in Pa. and one of them failed :(
Subscribed
tjbrowndiver - 8/05/2009 12:29 AM

Ray,

I love all the promises you get from the shops. Big difference when you pick up your gear. I used Diver’s 2 in Point Pleasant to getthe hydro’s done. They didn’t produce on time but they are reputable. I don’t know the details about why it took so long but I do believe someone just forgot about them until I showed up and asked if they were ready. It was lousy service and I let them know about. They are a good shop though and one of the best ones in the area....Tom