Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Oceanic Delta 4 Info?
Mariner1 - 7/23/2009 8:27 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

I purchased a once used Delta 4 regulator from a close friend who purchased it new for his daughter, who later they found out was allergic to diving. Or just breathing under water. I’m newer to diving but I did my due diligence and read all the reviews and it seemed like it was a good fit and would grow with me as my skills advanced. I’ve dove 8 times with it and I really enjoy it. Backing up, I also purchased the Oceanic FDX10 w/DVT as part of the package. My question is, I did not get the manual. My friend could not find it. Before I dove my 1st dive I brought it to my local dive shop and it tested great. It was new, so I pretty much bet it would. While diving salt water in depths from 20’ to 40’ I twist at the air adjustment valve on the left side and switch and toggle the top venture (?) lever to the left and right. I really don’t feel any breathing difference. I have a Nitrox (yes I read 40%) class in August. I also have a deep diver training class in September. I’m sure there is a factory setting for the regulator. The only issue I’ve ever had is while snorkling back to a boat or shore the regulator while down by my side will "freeflow" every once in a while. I flip it over and it stops. My opinion is this is a good thing. Air is pretty important. I just would like to set the factory pre sets properly and know how the two adjustments work. I’ve been to the Oceanic site. They have a generic regulator manual. It states on the Delta 3 the top switch should be to the right pre dive, and the air adjustment valve should be all the way counter clock wise then clock wise a 1/2 turn to full turn. Is that correct?

HatchLake - 7/24/2009 7:36 AM
I suggest you take to a dive shop that can service that make and model of reg. I would not attempt to adjust anything on my own reg that is not intended for consumer adjustment. As you mentioned air is important. It would be a sad state of affair if your own tinkering caused a malfunction at any depth that would cause you to do an emergency ascent. A shop that sells that brand of regs can probably get you a manual. 
Subscribed
Mariner1 - 7/24/2009 8:43 AM

Thanks. Good advise. I know a local shop the services Oceanic. The two adjustments are operator adjustments. One’s on the side to adjust the air flow (clockwise/counter?) and the second is a lever. Both can be operated with dive gloves on. But, it’s probably best to go to the source and get the proper info.

Thanks
LatitudeAdjustment - 7/24/2009 8:48 AM

The owners guide is available as a PDF file at http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_manuals.html

If you are looking for a repair manual, good luck! There are some for other makes at http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/v/docs/scuba-repair-manuals/ but not yours.

Best bet is to take an equipment class with the LDS that services your regs. I took mine to class and got to take apart my Omega and Delta which is good if you fill them up with sand on beach dives like I have but I would never attempt to service my own life support equipment. Could I practice on your’s? :)
luke74 - 1/23/2010 3:43 PM
I have service manuals available for download for both the Oceanic FDX10 and the Delta4 on my website www.ukdiveguide.com under the equipment section. Hundreds of other service manuals on there as well!