Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Countdown to Bonaire
OLDSCHOOL - 7/13/2009 8:05 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

I’m counting the hours. I’ll be flying out of Houston on the redeye on July 18th and staying at Buddy Dive until the 26th. I’m traveling with a group of 10 from Scubaland Adventures out of Austin, TX. This will be my first trip to Bonaire and I am hyped. The folks I dive with here are called the "Texas Swamp Divers" and our motto is "Good Viz is Overrated". Well, this may be so, but this is one swamper who is ready for some good viz. If any one is around Buddy Dive then, look for me. I’ll be the guy with the fresh cold bottle of Amstel wearing the "Dive Now Work Later" hat and a perpetual grin...
C_Dog12 - 7/24/2009 4:06 PM
A cold Land Shark for me plz!
Subscribed
OLDSCHOOL - 7/27/2009 7:51 PM
Well,back to reality. I returned from Bonaire yesterday afternoon. The week at Buddy Dive could not have been nicer. I traveled with a small group of ten great folks from Scubaland Adventures, Austin, TX. It was my first trip to Bonaire, but not my last. The diving was supurb with 100 ft + visability, 84 degree water temp. I logged 20 dives. My favorites were the Hilma Hooker, Sampler on Klein Bonaire, and Karpata. The night dives on Buddy’s Reef and the adjoining Machaca and Scientifico Reefs were exciting with five foot plus tarpon brushing against our sides, using our lights to spot food. During the week, I saw frogfish, seahorses, schools of black squid, barracuda, every reef fish imaginable, and the most vibrant coral and sponges. The accomodations were wonderful and spotlessly clean. The resturants on the island are very good and the Amstel Bright always ice cold. I am looking foward to my next trip, hopefully next summer.