Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Clevelanders!
kathyd - 6/23/2009 12:38 PM
Category: General
Replies: 2

Hi all. I’m still very new to diving and am trying to get in as many as I can in semi controlled environments. I’m going to be doing some business travel to Cleveland a few times in the next few months. Does anyone know of any decent dive spots around the area.

Please let me know.
Thank you.
RonSubmerged - 6/27/2009 8:44 PM
HI Kathy,

I live in Columbus, OH and let me tell you if you are looking for decent dives to add into the books there are a few sites about an hour and a half away. Pretty sure there is some closer but the gems of Ohio are Whitestar in Gibsonburg, Gilboa, in Ottawa, and Portage, in Bowling Green. you can google all of them to find their pages and directions.
If you need a buddy let me know when you go, if you go, and ill see what I can do. Any questions keep in touch, ive dove all but Portage.

Ron
drifter12 - 7/01/2009 9:46 AM
Giboa is a good quarry - I will be there with some friends next week end if you are around. Portage over by Bowling Green is a good place. Lots of entertainment and stuff going on about every week end good novice diveing. (I am a novice also) Dive safe ! Ted J>