Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

In Key Largo June 15-24
Barnacle - 5/08/2009 9:03 AM
Category: General
Replies: 3

Wife and I will be in Key Largo June 15-24th. We will be staying at Amy Slates. Wife will be taking classes for open water cert. I’ll be diving. Anyone in the area at that give us a call or stop by. I’ll need a dive partner.
csemenko - 5/08/2009 1:19 PM

Good luck down there...my wife and I had a bad experience while celebrating our 10 year Anniversary with them. The customer service/friendliness left something to be desired for the price.

The attitude changed slightly when he found out we were both experienced divers and Dive Masters. He was also very friendly when he found out my wife has an accounting background and offered her a job; however, not some place we will go back to based on what we saw with students being handled in an Advance OW class and the attitude issues with other customers.

I hope you and your wife have a more pleasant experience. Thanks-chuck
RedSeaExile - 5/19/2009 10:15 AM
Hey man I’ll be diving with Silent world June 19th to 21nd. On the 19th and 21st I’m taking a wreck course, on the 20th I’m going reef diving and assuming I’ll buddy up with someone on the boat. Maybe you?

I’ve done some online research on the different clubs there and Silent World as well as Conch Republic seem to get far better reviews than anyone else. Conch Republic’s wreck course is significantly more expensive, so I’m with Silent world. 

My wife, kid, and the kid’s grandmothers will be in Atlantic Bay resort.

See you there perhaps!
drifter12 - 5/22/2009 8:39 AM

I will be in Key Largo June 16 thru 19th. I plan to dive with Scuba Do Divers or Bottom Dwellers. Maybe we could hook up and I am a single diver. I will stay in touch. Note : Sharkys pub is a good place to wash the salt water out !

Thanks;Ted J>