Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

TRAVEL
rb - 4/11/2009 6:28 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

I am just certified and my wife wants to take me to the florida keys to get some experience in diving. Can anyone recommend where to go and where to stay. Any input would be appreciated!!!
tmac_diver - 4/12/2009 9:53 AM

Hi There

I think that you would really enjoy diving in Key Largo. Its a short drive from Miami or Ft Lauderdale { airports}. I like to dive with Horizon Divers { www.horizondivers.com } and also Ocean Divers { www.oceandivers.com }. Both have hotel that they affiliate with, that are close to { walking distance } the dive boats. Both have packages that they offer { stay and diving combo deals }. I have always had fun with Horizon Divers. Nice people.

Tom
seawolfdiving - 4/12/2009 12:31 PM

Hi there;

I used to use Amy Slates Amoray Dive resort in Key Largo when I frequented the Keys. I think they are still operating.

Or

If you want to try something really different, check out Jules Undersea Lodge. www.jul.com

Ron sends

Tsmith0711 - 4/13/2009 5:51 AM
We just hooked up with Garden Cove Divers at MM 101.5 in Key Largo. Down to earth and very friendly. We went on Friday to check them out before we made a decision. We spent 4 hours talking to them. They felt like friends when we walked in. If you just want a clean place to put your head, try Seafarer at MM 97.7. For a classier plce, try Pelican Cove. Garden Cove # is 305-451-5844. Don’t use Key Largo Inn no matter how cheap you want.
seawolfdiving - 4/13/2009 3:18 PM

You could also try the Chesapeake Resort in Islamorada. Very nice "little" resort. My brother is the engineer there. their website is http://www.chesapeake-resort.com/
Subscribed
rb - 4/14/2009 4:45 PM

just wanted to say thank you for the info on the keys

RB